GDP Advisors is a group of Consultants, not insurance agents.
The priority and goal of their organization is to create strategies that provide both short and long term solutions surrounding all areas and aspects within the Employee Benefits & Risk Management arena.
- "The Dress" Important Data as a Leader March 23, 2015If you have been in a remote area of the world or gave up (social) media for Lent you may not have heard about "The Dress". Otherwise you witnessed a viral sensation about what color the dress is: White/Gold or Blue/Black? Personally I saw both (spoiler alert! This makes me feel better that I am not […]
- ERISA Compliance FAQs: Fiduciary Responsibilities March 21, 2015The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) is a federal law that sets minimum standards for employee benefit plans maintained by private-sector employers. ERISA includes requirements for both retirement plans (for example, 401(k) plans) and welfare benefit plans (for example, group health plans). ERISA has been amended many times over the years, expanding […]
- Why Your Eligibility for Employer Health Coverage Can Change March 19, 2015The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that applicable large employers offer health insurance coverage to full-time employees and dependents. Penalties are imposed on employers that do not offer required coverage and on employers that offer coverage that is considered unaffordable or does not provide minimum value. The employer penalty rule is also called the employer […]
- Preparing your 2014 Return - the shared responsibility payment March 15, 2015What you need to know Most people had qualifying health care coverage in 2014 and will simply check a box to report that coverage on their federal tax return when they file in 2015. Others may qualify for an exemption from the requirement to maintain coverage. However, beginning with your 2014 income tax return, if you […]
- Are you a large employer per the ACA? March 14, 2015