GDP Advisors is a group of Consultants, not insurance agents.
The priority and goal of their organization is to create strategies that provide both short and long term solutions surrounding all areas and aspects within the Employee Benefits & Risk Management arena.
- Benefits Buzz-February 2015 January 25, 2015New Regulations Proposed for Summary of Benefits and Coverage On Dec. 22, 2014, the U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor and the Treasury (Departments) released proposed regulations regarding the summary of benefits and coverage (SBC). The proposed regulations would amend the final SBC regulations from Feb. 14, 2012.
- Individual Insurance: Reporting Coverage and Paying Penalties January 25, 2015So much has been made of the penalties companies face if they do not provide health insurance to their employees. It is important to look at the individual fines people face if they do not purchase a policy themselves or through their employer.
- Three Rules That Changed January 18, 2015Employer-initiated Payroll Deductions Employers are limited by state law in what they can withhold from employees’ paychecks. Specific laws vary, but permissible deductions generally include:
- DOJ allows claims based on Gender Identify including Transgender January 18, 2015DOJ to Allow Claims Based on Gender Identity Discrimination On Dec. 18, 2014, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) released an opinion allowing a worker to file a discrimination claim based on the individual’s gender identity, including transgender status.
- Evaluating Vendors for Business Continuity Risk – Are You Asking the Right Questions January 6, 2015As we enter 2015 and many of us set goals or complete planning for 2015, I strongly encourage you to review disaster planning for your company. The best in class companies are also asking questions of their key vendors to make sure they are in alignment in disaster planning. We have written many topics regarding […]